Members of the Cultural and Creative sector are advised that the management and administration of the Cultural Relief Grant is now with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and the Arts.
The T&T Performing Arts Network contacted the Ministry for further details and was informed that this change in administration does not affect the general application guidelines. The one-off payment of Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000) in financial assistance also remains unchanged. The contact information and drop off locations for new applications however, have been updated.
The following guidelines are artists and creatives who have not yet applied for the Cultural Relief Grant.
Applicants will be required to submit the following supporting documents:
- Completed application form [CLICK HERE]
- Proof of Trinidad and Tobago Citizenship (National Identification Card/Passport)
- Proof of sustained activity within the respective genre of cultural enterprise since 2018 to present in the form of any combination of the following which must be time stamped and/or dated:
- Newspaper clippings
- Online article mentions
- Flyers/ brochures/ programs/catalogues/ tickets/ads from events held
- Copies of booking contracts
- Payment receipts
- Evidence of Work Lost: One or more of the following pieces of evidence of work lost as proof of loss of income between March-December 2020 must be submitted:
- Copies of Booking Cancellation
- Cancellation of Event(S) at which the applicant can prove attendance in 2018 and/or 2019
- The completed form along with the aforementioned documents, shall be submitted via email to email@example.com or deposited in identified submission boxes at locations listed below. If submitting via email, ensure all supporting documents are scanned clearly. In the email subject stated:
(FIRST NAME)/(LAST NAME)/ ID #/ APPLICATION FOR CULTURAL RELIEF GRANT FOR ARTISTS AND CREATIVES. Eg: Mary Singh 1974234045/ APPLICATION FOR CULTURAL RELIEF GRANT FOR ARTISTS AND CREATIVES
If submitting via drop box, ensure application and supporting documents are enclosed in sealed envelope and addressed to: GRANT SECRETARIART, Ministry of Tourism, Culture and the Arts; Tower C, Level 8 International Waterfront Complex, Wrightson Road, Port of Spain. RE: APPLICATION FOR RELIEF GRANT FOR ARTISTS AND CREATIVES.
- Only one application for the Relief Grant for Artists and Creatives per individual.
Artistes and Creatives who have applied for previous grants (salary, food, rental etc.) from the Ministry of Social Development and Family Services or Ministry of Finance can apply for the Cultural Relief Grant, once they have NOT received any other grant from the Covid-19 Relief Initiatives. Please note that applications will be verified.
In July 2020, Cabinet approved a one-off payment of Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000) in financial assistance for artistes and creatives who lost income as a result of the global pandemic COVID -19. The grant is aimed at providing a measure of relief to artistes and creatives who have been affected by cancelled exhibitions, classes, conferences, workshops and other cultural events between March and December, 2020.
The deadline for applications has been extended to December 31st , 2020.